Anhydrous Aluminum Chloride
A white to slightly grey or yellow solid, aluminum chloride is a commonly used powerful Lewis acid finding widespread application in the chemical industry.
Anhydrous Aluminum Chloride is found in a broad range of organic chemical processes and is the primary catalyst for Friedel-Crafts reactions, both acylations and alkylations, as well as used in polymerization and isomerization reactions of hydrocarbons.
Anhydrous Aluminum Chloride is used as a catalyst in the processing of pharmaceuticals, agricultural chemicals, polymers, flavors and fragrances. It finds use as a reactant in the production of chlorinated alkyls like ethylaluminum dichloride and ethylaluminum sesquichloride. Similarly it is used in the production of chemical intermediates such as ethylbenzene, dyes, and pigments and in the petrochemical industry in the production of hydrocarbon resins. It is also used in the manufacture of some inorganic products such as titanium dioxide and fumed alumina.
- Standard and customized particles size distributions available to suit customer’s material handling system and process requirements
- High-Purity grades available
- Multiple production sites and distributions facilities around the world to ensure surety of supply and quick response
- Broad R&D and technical capabilities to assist customers with product application, customization and material handling system design
- Supply chain and logistics expertise
Assay, %AlCl3 = 99.3% MIN
Non-Volatiles, % = 0.30% MAX
Water Insoluables, PPM = 300 MAX
Iron, PPM = 75.0 MAX
Heavy Metals, PPM = 10.0 MAX
* Low iron and other high purity grades available upon request
Particle size is used to control reaction rates, reduce tar formation, control product flowability and maximize reaction yields and catalyst utilization. Contact Gulbrandsen to discuss the demands of your process and material handling system so that we can help select a particle size distribution to meet your needs.
Anhydrous Aluminum Chloride is available in a wide array of packages to meet our customer’s needs:
- Plastic Pails*: 5 and 6 gallon pails containing up to 50lb/25kg
- Drums*: 13, 30 and 57 gallon open-top bolt-ring steel drums containing 100lb/50kg, 300lb/150kg and 600lb/275kg respectively
- Super Sacks: 1.0 or 1.2 MT
- Tote Bins: 3,000 and 5,000 lb capacities
- Pneumatic unload ISO Containers: 20MT
- Pneumatic unload Bulk Tankers: 47,000 lb capacity
*Available with our without PVC liners
Not all packaging is available in all markets.
Customized packaging is available.
The product should be stored in a cool, dry environment and should remain in its unopened and sealed container until use.